Loading...

Friday, April 03, 2009

DARIUS JOHNSON-ODOM DISCUSSES MARQUETTE COMMITMENT

April 3, 2009


Marquette picked up a verbal commitment for the class of 2009 as Hutchinson Community College guard Darius Johnson-Odom chose the Golden Eagles earlier this week. Johnson-Odom is a scoring guard who excels at attacking the rim and putting up points. Following a post-grad year at the Patterson School, Johnson-Odom spent one season at Hutchinson, scoring over 20 points a game and being honored as the Jayhawk Conference's Freshman of the Year. The NBE Basketball Report caught up with Johnson-Odom briefly to get his thoughts on his commitment and how he will contribute next season to Buzz Williams' program.


NBE: What is your current height, weight?

Johnson-Odom: 6'2, 205

NBE: What factors played the biggest role in choosing Marquette?

Johnson-Odom: What really played a big role in me coming to Marquette is their style of play and how they utilize their guards.

NBE: What role do you expect to play on next year's team?

Johnson-Odom: My role next year is to come in and compete, I think that I can provide a lot of things to the team.

NBE: What area of your game do you feel will allow you to contribute the most next year?

Johnson-Odom: As far as contributing I believe I can do that by attacking the rim, creating my own shot and creating for my teammates. I will also play with great intensity on the court.

NBE: What other schools were also recruiting you at the time of your commitment?

Johnson-Odom: Pitt, Kentucky, Cincinnati and Miami

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home